Project Manager R&D
Hatteland Display AS
Eikeskogvegen 52, 5570 Aksdal
Elektro, Research / Development
Briefly about the customer
Hatteland Display is located in Aksdal, Rogaland (Norway), with sales offices in Germany, France, the United States and dealers in Asia, Australia, Canada and Russia. The company is the leading technology provider of specialized display and computer products, delivering high quality, unique and customized solutions to the international maritime and industrial markets.
The company represents innovation and quality to the system integrators world wide. Effective quality assurance and investment in sophisticated in-house manufacturing methods and facilities enable us to deliver Type Approved and Mil tested products.Our customer oriented approach, technical knowledge and dedication to R&D, make us a trusted and preferred supplier of approved solutions, which are backed up by a strong service network.
Owned by EMBRON Group AS (100%)
For more information see
+47 970 33 360
Project Manager R&D
Hatteland Display AS is looking for a Project Manager R&D. The successful applicant will be joining an international team working for an innovative Norwegian manufacturer of professional maritime electronics.
The role will suit a candidate who has a proven track record of project management, leading projects from initiation to closing, with a strong background in product development.
The project manager will lead the engineering team to development project timelines, budgets, and project scopes and maintain them throughout the life of the project. The role will also require close cooperation with product management, sales and procurement.
- Project management by leading cross functional team through a gated process
- Frequent contact with engineers to coordinate design phase of projects and review designs for manufacturability and assembly
- Establish and update project plans and budgets with actual forecasts
- Focus on reducing time to market and reducing project waste
- Lead the engineering team to development project timelines, budgets, and project scopes and maintain them throughout the life of the project
- Frequent contact with Purchasing to coordinate sourcing of components and exchange critical project cost, design and timing information
- Periodically report the status of the project to executive management
- Frequent contact with Product Management to coordinate completion of project scope and solicit Sales/Product Management input throughout projects
- Frequent contact with Sales to coordinate unit volume forecast and market price expectations
- Technical background, minimum Bachelor, with experience in product development.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in a project management, with a strong background in Product Development
- Proficient English spoken and written
- Communicative Norwegian would be a benefit
- Excellence in organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competence in leadership and motivating others, planning work for others, managing conflict, managing and measuring work
- Experience working with a variety of departments and collaborative teams
- PMP certification or equivalent would be beneficial
- Competence with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
- Strong leadership and project management capabilities
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Structured accurate and precise
- Result – and solution oriented
- Project-oriented and able to handle multiple parallel projects